Tuesday, April 18, 2023

~ The Spring Woods ~

 
 
 
 How I go to the Woods....
by Mary Oliver

"Ordinarily, I go to the woods alone.
...with not a single friend, for they
are all smilers and talkers and therefore,
unsuitable.

I don't really want to be witnessed talking to the catbirds, 
or hugging the old black oak tree.

I have my way of praying, as no doubt
~ you have yours.

Besides,
when I am alone, I can become
Invisible.
I can sit on the top of a dune as motionless
as an uprise of weeds,
...until the foxes run by unconcerned.
I can hear the almost unhearable sound of the roses singing.

~~~~~~
If you have ever gone into the woods with me,
I must love you very much."
 

If you love hearing about plants, herbs, nature, and all-sorts of Good Things,
then do visit Good Earth Gatherings on Facebook!

~ Blessed be ~
Levora

So much more to read....