Friday, May 6, 2011

Creative Chaos...

I was just looking through my new issue of
Where Women Create....


Dani's (www.spookytimjingles.com) studio is killing me...

it is all 100% her ~ colorful, cute & cool!!!


her hallowe'en decorating these is making my head spin,
and I have had enough trouble with it spinning on it's own because of this:


MY studio!!!

oh what a wonderful mess I create in there,
cloth, glue, trims, paint & dye


canvases waiting to be primed, doll bodies waiting for heads & clothing
and
unfinished frames calling out for some sort of decoration...




when I create, or AM creating, I also create around me...

a wonderful concoction of everything in a flurry of activity

and I wouldn't have it any other way....


...do you 'create' a mess while creating too?

<:~)

Blessed be!
Lori

10 comments:

lindeelou said...

My craft room looks just like yours.....oh to be creative....my hubby is the type that has a place for everything...NOT ME...he just yells to me from the doorway when he wants me....heehee

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

My husband just said to me last night when I was in my room, "Wow it sure could use a cleaning in here." I usually clean after a big creative moment, I like it to be clean at the beginning!

Beckyjean said...

Oh I wish I had a craft space that I could close up when I was done for the day. I have my "stuff" all over the house.

Have a wonderful evening~Becky

Courtney said...

Absolutely! We are in the process of moving and I will have a lovely loft space to call my studio. I can't wait, but I know that it will begin to overflow with that creative "energy".
Cheers!
Courtney

TheCrankyCrow said...

I covet (in the nicest way) your creative space Lori - looks like an inspirational paradise. That table - oh that table....What I wouldn't do for a table just for ME.... My "space" is wherever I happen to be parked at the time - with a more than a wee mess spread about my feet - woe to the sorry soul who sits where I last sat if I haven't picked up - likely to be impaled by a pin or two, or find a scissors just waiting for an opportune moment. I think you titled this post very aptly - creative chaos. And it's beautiful to me. Smiles & Hugs, Robin

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

Creative chaos is best!! I don't have a separate room(someday!!)but I have my little workspace usually on the couch with my supplies around me. Always feels great to finish up & put it all away and be nice & tidy but then another project begins within days..or hours!! ~Kriss~

Shelly said...

My 'craft room' is also my bedroom so I have to keep organizing to keep it from encroaching on my bed! But I also have stuff all over the house. If I had a craft room by itself, no one would ever see me!

Heidi Steiner said...

It's just the way it should be.Let your heart run wild.
Happy Mother's Day-
Heidi

Annemarie said...

Oh, I love it! My crafting space seems to be in about the same sort of state. Except that my house is so small that my creative space is also my living room. And kitchen. And bedroom. Oh, and the bathroom.

Michele said...

love your craft room! I create a horrible mess in mine :)