Friday, July 9, 2010

Romancing the Stone.....

Hi Folks!!
WOW did we have a WICKED lightening storm here in VA last night...
Mother Nature's most awesome fireworks display!!!
)0(
I am blessed to have in my posession,
this....

(I call it my Witch's Stone)
I purchased it last year from a friend
who thought of me when she came upon it....

I'm not sure exactly what it is,
but I think it might be a grave marker,
corner-stone or other kind of marker...

do any of you know what it is?


it is approx. 5" square, made from stone,
looks to be hand-carved (Witch riding Broom)
and is HEAVY...
if you think you might know, either post a comment here or email me at not4got@aol.com
I will be sending pics of it up to Salem, MA. to someone I think might know....

I can't wait to find out for sure,
& when I do, I'll let you all know!!

Blessed be!
Lori
<|:~)

6 comments:

Maria said...

The top (witch) part looks to me like some sort of a stamp or press?? Not really sure though... : )

Monique said...

It looks wonderful. I wish I could help you, but I haven't seen this before. I would love to know what it is too.

Finegan Antiques said...

That is one really neat piece. I have no idea what it is or it's use. I agree though it looks like some kind of stamp. The impression looks modern to me with the witch in her pointy hat riding a broom. Whatever it is or purpose it is really cool. Lrt us know what you find out. I'm intrigued.

Donna

Linda said...

I haven't a clue as to what it is, but it's wonderful!

That is one happy little witch under your name....hugs, Linda

Catherine said...

That is one really cool stone! Can't wait to see if anyone if able to help you out!

Iva Wilcox of Iva's Creations said...

Ooo...what a find! Can't wait to hear what it is!
~ Iva