Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Home Sweet Home


A  picture-walk…
visiting the houses that I love.

...come with me, won't you?



beautiful entryway


spider-web door

I love these old Victorian houses ~
they seem familiar to me in some ways…
like I've visited them before ~
…long ago.


ivy & roses…love the witch's hat turret ~

a Grand Painted Ladye ~


slate roof, plum-painted trim work 

 a White Witch's house perhaps?
{I would love to live in it}

my dream house ~
yet, I would want it to be situated right here on our beloved farm place
….that turret would be my sewing room!

 Let's step inside then, shall we?…


perfect front door


 I would light my house with candles and oil lamps only…
{except for one OTT Lamp…I need that to stitch by!!}


candle-drips

I already have my treadle sewing machine….
sewing on it is soothing to me ~


peaceful

...of course my kitchen would include a wood cook stove!
{I've had lots of practice cooking on one already}
my kettle is always hot…
care for a cup of pine-needle tea?


the heart of the home

 my ceilings would be full of my dried herbs…
{they already are!}
waiting to be used in my cooking and other 'practical' uses, too.


beautiful sunlight


poppy-heads drying, bowls of herbs & spices
….gift from Nature.
 my parlor would be cozy ~
filled with cherished things from long ago…


I have a floor lamp similar to the one to the left of the sofa...

 just the perfect place to hang my hat….


hungry?

have a magical day my friends ~

{{*All Photos have been borrowed from Pinterest*}}

Blessed be!
Lori

6 comments:

Wendy S. said...

Just so beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful homes! Love them all!

Ginny K

jaz@octoberfarm said...

wow...what a great blog! one of my followers just sent me your link! i am now a follower!!!

Simple Pleasure said...

Beauty beyond words...my bags are packed! For eight short years, we lived in an 1871 Victorian home...I always felt so comfortable and at peace...definitely shared the home with benevolent spirits...the stories I could share...
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Lori Ann Corelis said...

Perfect in every way . . . especially the sewing turret!
:-)

Myra said...

I could just cozy in to all of them!