Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Friends ~

Black cats ~
some folks love them (like me!) others ~
well, not so much.

The only one that receives bad luck from a Black cat 
is the Black cat itself.

historically associated with the 'dark side'.
in reality
just beautiful companions who are fiercely protective of their loved ones.

if you haven't had the blessing of being loved by a Black cat ~
please visit your local animal shelter…

...there is one waiting just for you.


{{photos below courtesy of Pinterest}}

mysterious


inquisitive


sleek


silly


adorable



these are snaps of my Black Suzy ~
she is gone now, but I feel her in my heart everyday….

I love you little girl.

missing you, my sweet Black Suzy...
 ...my heart aches for you.

forever in my heart & thoughts ~

PLEASE consider adopting a Black cat.
BLACK CAT RESCUE


Blessed be!
Lori

7 comments:

ronda at simple thyme prims said...

pure and simple sweetness!!!

Mary A said...

I am lucky enough to be loved by 5 cats and 4 are black. I have had black cats for over 30 years and they are the best! No difference between them and the other colored cats. All are wonderful. My special one now is Lola who sleeps with me every night. I rescued her 5 years ago and so did I did!

cucki said...

Aww cute xxx

Barbara said...

I had to put my beloved black cat of 15 years down this past winter and am still heart broken . I think I see her shadows all around the house.She had a perfect white heart on her chest! I am now looking into adopting another rescue black cat.

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

I've never understood why folks don't want black cats or black dogs, they are so beautiful! Glad to have found your blog here Lori.

Running with a sharp pencil said...

Black cats especially are targets for evil, cruel sacrifices. Our local shelters do NOT adopt out black kittens/cats near Halloween. Why can't Halloween just be the simple, fun I remember as a child? It can be, but I will never forget about 5 yrs. ago when my daughter found a wire haired dachshund puppy in a sealed trash bag full of "fake" blood and a plastic dagger on the day before Halloween. A prank? Of course at first she thought it was REAL blood, but thankfully it was not. The pneumonia he suffered from inhaling all that liquid was real however. It took two rounds of antibiotics to cure him. My friend adopted him and he is doing great - just one thing though - he hates most men--I guess he remembers.

Vanessa said...

I also love black cats, and once had one. I miss him very much to this day. Your pictures are adorable.