Thursday, July 11, 2013

~ Portals to AUTUMN ~

 
Imagine
stepping through
 any of these magnificently decorated doorways...
 
 


and being transported to a Land of Perpetual Autumn ~
 
would you enter?
 
 



...would you leave?
 
 

 
 
would you find yourself there
as a child again?
 
running through leaves
bobbing for apples
walking the streets at night
with pillowcase in hand
and wearing a burnt-cork beard
and loosely fitting overalls?
 
 
 
 
would your days be filled with
woodsmoke
bittersweet
crows
&
cornstalks?
 
 
 
or
pumpkins & gourds
things that go bump
distant fires burning brightly on hilltops?
 
 
 
 
If it were true...
that I could open any one of these doors
and waiting for me on the other side would be the Autumns from my childhood ~
I would not step lighty in....
 
I would run full-force
with broad smile and open arms
 
 
 
 
Hoping for Autumn to catch me
and keep me
forever...
 
 


...would you
take my hand
and join me?
 
 

 
all pictures courtesy of Pinterest ~
click here to visit my Harvest Tyme board there!!
 
Blessed be!
Lori

So much more to read....