Welcome!

Welcome!
Hi Folks! welcome to my 'other' blog!! ... Midnight Farm was created as a place to show my love of Hallowe'en...so you'll see a more "colorful" side to my work here ~ I am a full-time Folk Artist living in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, on an 84 acre farm named Notforgotten Farm... I play in the dirt ~ I collect old and odd things ~ I throw my head back and cackle when I laugh...I celebrate Olde Hallow's Eve everyday...I raise orphaned Opossums and other little creatures that may need a helping hand...I am a Good Witch...I love my family & friends ~ I see the past through the eye of a needle...
Please sign my...Guestbook

Thursday, July 11, 2013

~ Portals to AUTUMN ~

 
Imagine
stepping through
 any of these magnificently decorated doorways...
 
 


and being transported to a Land of Perpetual Autumn ~
 
would you enter?
 
 



...would you leave?
 
 

 
 
would you find yourself there
as a child again?
 
running through leaves
bobbing for apples
walking the streets at night
with pillowcase in hand
and wearing a burnt-cork beard
and loosely fitting overalls?
 
 
 
 
would your days be filled with
woodsmoke
bittersweet
crows
&
cornstalks?
 
 
 
or
pumpkins & gourds
things that go bump
distant fires burning brightly on hilltops?
 
 
 
 
If it were true...
that I could open any one of these doors
and waiting for me on the other side would be the Autumns from my childhood ~
I would not step lighty in....
 
I would run full-force
with broad smile and open arms
 
 
 
 
Hoping for Autumn to catch me
and keep me
forever...
 
 


...would you
take my hand
and join me?
 
 

 
all pictures courtesy of Pinterest ~
click here to visit my Harvest Tyme board there!!
 
Blessed be!
Lori

6 comments:

Constance said...

I'm ready when are we leaving??

Take care,

Sallie

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

soon I hope :)
L

The Humble Stitcher said...

Can I go, too? What a beautiful post, Lori. You make me want Autumn to come even more than I already do!

Melody said...

What gorgeous pictures! I love Autumn too. It's my favorite season.

Mario Zeleny said...

Lori... I love doors... and autumn door like autumn people are the best! Thank you for a delightful post.

When you can, come visit me this week for freebies and giveaways on my blog.

www.theplayoflightandshadow.com

Many Blessings,

Mario

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Skip goes my hearts! Love all these fall doors! I am so ready for 365 days of fall! I am knee deep into creating pumpkins. OLM